FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises is a comprehensive, proven, next generation software asset management, license compliance and license optimization solution. The Suite provides entitlement based license management and optimization to enable organizations to reduce ongoing software costs and maintain continuous license compliance.
The foundation of the FlexNet Manager Suite is FlexNet Manager Platform which provides extensive hardware and software asset management (HAM and SAM) capabilities for managing desktop, laptop and server hardware, and software from more than 16,000 vendors. FlexNet Manger Platform also provides automated entitlement based Software License Optimization for desktop software from key vendors including Adobe, Microsoft and Symantec. The Platform serves as the foundation for add-on server license optimization products included in the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises.
Key Platform functionality includes:
IT Asset Discovery & Inventory:
- Provides cross-platform (Windows, Linux, UNIX, and MAC OS) discovery, inventory, and application usage data collection
- Performs discovery and inventory of virtual machines on VMware ESX/vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V servers, and supports Citrix XenApp application virtualization environments
- Leverages existing IT investments via integration with a multitude of third-party standard inventory sources including Symantec Altiris, BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping (ADDM), BladeLogic Client Automation (Marimba), HP Discovery and Dependency Mapping Inventory (DDMI), IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT), Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager (BigFix)
- Enables organizations to ‘know what they have’ in their IT environment and consolidate vendors and applications
Purchased Versus Installed/Consumed License Reconciliation:
- Reconciles software purchases against software installed or used on computers and virtual machines within the enterprise
- Built-in knowledge base recognizes more than 150,000 application titles and 700,000 software product part numbers (stock keeping units or SKUs) to determine the license entitlements for each software purchase, and links that information to the software installed on the devices within the target network
- Reconciliation process can provide a baseline license position for more than 16,000 vendors
- Enables organizations to maintain license compliance to reduce audit cost and risk
Management Dashboard and Reporting:
- Provides an intuitive management dashboard enabling an administrator to understand the current license position, receive alerts on issues, and review key events such as data imports
- A compliance overview report summarizes an organization’s exposure, such as its financial liability and the number of licenses in breach per publisher
- Drill downs provide deeper information for any vendor products and the licenses attached to those products
FlexNet Manager Platform is integrated with Flexera Software App Portal, our enterprise application store product. This brings together the software request and approval process, with license availability check, to proactively maintain license compliance and avoid over-spending on software.
FlexNet Manager Suite Software License Optimization
FlexNet Manager Suite includes next generation software asset management and license optimization solutions that analyze inventory, application usage, purchase order data, license entitlements, and contract terms to optimize license consumption. By optimizing software license management for key vendors, the FlexNet Manager Suite products enable organizations to save on license purchases, audits, renewals, and annual true-ups, while reducing time and effort.
- FlexNet Manager Platform – for Desktop Software License Optimization – included in The Platform are capabilities that enables enterprise-wide automated license optimization for desktop software from top vendors such as Microsoft, Adobe and Symantec.
- FlexNet Manager for IBM, FlexNet Manager for Microsoft, FlexNet Manager for Oracle, FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications, FlexNet Manager for Symantec, FlexNet Manager for VMware,—for Server Software License Optimization – are integrated solutions built on top of FlexNet Manager Platform that enable enterprise-wide automated license optimization for server software.from these high value vendors.
- FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications for Concurrent License Models – is a standalone product that enables license optimization for engineering applications that use a concurrent license model for hundreds of vendors such as Autodesk, Cadence Design Systems and The Mathworks,- to name only a few.
These optimization solutions enable organizations to implement multiple software license management and contract optimization strategies that save time, help ensure continuous license compliance and reduce costs by:
- Applying license entitlements—product use rights, to optimize license consumption based on contractual agreements. Use rights include: upgrade, downgrade, right of second use, multiple use, roaming use, virtual use, and license mobility, among others. Product use rights for key vendors such as Adobe, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Symantec and VMware are encapsulated in a Product Use Rights Library.
- Utilizing license prioritization to drive intelligent allocation and minimize license consumption
- Tracking detailed usage of SAP software to automatically determine the optimal Named User License type for each user
- Optimizing the license count and application mix for engineering applications that use a concurrent license model
Workflow Manager allows organizations to implement best practice software asset management workflow processes that improve accuracy and accountability. It automates workflow tasks, increasing operational efficiency and improving IT service levels to the organization.
FlexNet Manager Suite is available through three delivery models:
- On-premises—in this model the software is controlled and managed by your organization’s IT department within your own datacenter. A perpetual license purchase of the on-premise software is usually considered a capital expense that can provide a better return on investment over time.
- Cloud—with this model, the product is installed in the Flexera Software datacenter and is delivered as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution. The associated subscription licensing model is typically considered an operating expense. With lower upfront costs and accelerated deployment of the application, the SaaS model offers a faster return on investment (ROI). Additionally, there are no scalability, architectural or product upgrade issues for your organization to consider. Cloud delivery also means that your mobile workforce can connect to the application from anywhere, on any device with a web browser. (Cloud customers can login here).
- Managed Service—Managed Service Providers (MSP) can provide SAM and Software License Optimization services based on FlexNet Manager Suite via a hosted model (where the software is installed in the partner’s datacenter) or the new cloud model. In this case you are essentially outsourcing the software asset management and license optimization function. This can be a good option if your organization is resource constrained as you can leverage the license management staff and expertise of the MSP.
Regardless of your organization's level of software asset management and license optimization maturity, FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises provides the solution to get you to the next level and realize the benefits of your software asset management (SAM) program:
- Visibility and control of the hardware and software assets throughout your IT environment
- Reduced license and maintenance costs (5-25% savings per year can be achieved)
- Reduced license compliance risk and unbudgeted costs associated with software audits
- Increased operational efficiency; reduce time and effort required when dealing with software audits, Enterprise Agreement (EA) true-ups and contract renewals
Learn more about the offerings included in FlexNet Manager Suite below.